Qaumi Sehat Card (National Health Card) is a micro-health insurance initiative that is currently available to citizens of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Balochistan, Gilgit Baltistan, Azad Kashmir and Tharparkar (Sindh) through the government’s Sehat Sahulat (Health Convenience Program). ). Pakistan. As part of the program, millions of low-income families receive fast and free inpatient medical services without any financial obligations.
Having a Sehat card allows you to receive medical services at many public and private hospitals in certain regions. You can access these facilities and receive treatment and care for accidents and medical emergencies, diseases such as diabetes, kidney disease, hepatitis B and C, and all types of cancer. In addition, Sehat Cardholders can also receive free COVID-19 treatment.
Related Article: PM Khan Launches Naya Pakistan Sehat Card Punjab 2022 | Apply Online
Who is eligible for a Sehat card?
Currently, all Pakistani citizens earning less than $2 a day can access this program and receive free healthcare, according to a survey by the Ehsaas Kafalat/Benazir Income Support Program (BISP).
All permanent residents of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (including residents of the combined areas from former FATA), Punjab, Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) are covered by the program, regardless of their income, according to NADRA.
Update January 2022 – Sehat Card Eligibility in Punjab: The program currently covers the population of 7 districts of Sahiwal and DG Khan and Lahore, while the remaining 29 districts are poor people (earning less than $2 a day 32, 5 PMT according to NSER based on BISP survey), as well as persons with disabilities and the NADRA-registered transgender community are eligible.
The Government of Punjab intends to enrol all citizens of the province of Punjab in the program by March 31, 2022. You can find out more on the PHIMC website.
Health insurance with Sehat Insaf Card APP
The Sehat Card provides comprehensive health coverage for eligible cardholders, including Free hospitalization, emergency care, inpatient care (all medical and surgical cases), fractures/injuries, referral transportation, delivery and free follow-up care.
In addition to secondary care services, eight major diseases are also covered by the priority insurance package, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, burns and traffic accidents, kidney disease, chronic diseases (tuberculosis, hepatitis A, B and C, HIV, chronic diseases liver). ), organ failure, oncology and neurosurgical services. Follow this link for a complete list of diseases covered by the program.
Related Article: Ehsaas Program 12000 Check Online 2022
A cardholder can receive treatment up to PKR 720,000 per year. This amount can be additionally replenished if necessary.
Suppose the cardholder or a family member suffers from any severe illness. In that case, the treatment will not be terminated due to the depletion of the sum insured, but the government can allocate an additional PKR 360,000 per family per year and complete the treatment.
Medical Packages in Qaumi Sehat Card App
The following two treatment packages are currently available to program beneficiaries. Details of available packages have been updated on the PM Health Program website.
1. Secondary care
- Initial coverage PKR 60,000 / family / year
- Additional coverage 60,000 PKR / family
2. Priority treatment
- Initial coverage PKR 300,000/family/year
- Additional coverage 300,000 PKR / family
How To Check Eligibility
1. Check your eligibility: To check your eligibility, send an SMS with your national ID number to 8500 (9780 for KP). You can also check Sehat card eligibility with this online tool or this android app (Punjab only).
Note: If your name does not appear among eligible persons and you believe this is due to an error, you can contact this official support line for further assistance: 0800-09009 and 0800-89898.
2. Your CNIC card is your Sehat card: if you qualify, you can use your CNIC card as your default Sehat card.
3. Gather the required information and documents: select the desired hospitals with empanels to participate in the Sehat Sahulat program. Take the original CNIC with you when visiting a public/private hospital.
For a child under 18, take their Form B along with one of the parents’ CNIC.
4. Use your Sehat card for medical care: After arriving at the hospital, you can go to the dedicated Sehat Sahulat counter for further assistance. The SSP will verify your eligibility for the CNIC program and refer you to the appropriate hospital department for treatment.
5. Get free treatment: The cost of treatment after the patient is admitted to the hospital is charged to the Sehat card.
HOW TO USE SEHAT INSAF
Check your eligibility
Send an SMS with your national ID number to 8500 to check your eligibility.
Get Sehat Insaf Card / Qaumi Sehat Card. If you have been found eligible, you can collect your Sehat Insaf / Qaumi Sehat Card from a card issuing centre set up in your area.
- Gather the necessary information and documents, Identify empanelled hospitals for the Sehat Sahulat program. Please bring the following documents when visiting a public/private hospital.Sehat Insaf Card / Qaumi Sehat Card
- Original CNIC
- B-Form (In case of child treatment)
Use your Sehat Insaf / Qaumi Sehat Card for treatment,After you arrive at a restricted hospital, you can go to the designated SSP representative desk for further assistance. The SSP staff will check your Sehat Insaf card / Qaumi Sehat card and refer you to the appropriate hospital department for treatment.
Get treatment for free. After the patient is admitted to the hospital, the cost of treatment is paid from the Sehat Insaf / Qaumi Sehat Card.
NOTE. This option is only available if the patient requires hospitalization.
Provide Feedback. Call us at 0800-09009 to leave a review. The SSP staff will also call you to ask for your feedback on the experience and treatment. You can also send us your feedback/complaint through the feedback form on our website.